The class consists of a brief explanation of the benefits of the gong and a pranayam (breath work) exercise to open up the healing channel of the spine. Then the participants will be guided into relaxation as the body and mind begin to settle in. The gong will be played for approximately 62 minutes, while the participants relax on their backs (or similar comfortable position). Once the gong meditation is complete, the participants will slowly be guided back to awareness as a peaceful song is played. The class will end with time for comments & questions.
- Brief Explanation of Class Flow
- Discussion of Gong & Benefits
- Protective Mantra
- Pranayam (a breath exercise)
- Guided Relaxation
- Gong Playing – (62 minutes) *
- Awaken to a Peaceful Song
- Questions & Comments
* So why 62 minutes? In Kundalini Yoga, yogic science says that there are specific lengths of time needed for certain desired effects during meditation. 62 minutes changes the gray matter in the brain. The subconscious “shadow mind” and the outer projection are integrated. It also builds your sense of self.